Dump Truck Tarps
About Dump Truck Tarps
Whatever your dump truck style or size, MyTarp.com has the right tarp for you. Our dump truck tarps are made of the highest quality mesh and waterproof materials to withstand tough road and weather conditions. Here are some dump truck tarp information to help you find the right tarp for you. If you have any questions, please contact us and we are here to help.
We make custom tarps to fit your exact requirements. Call MyTarp.com at 404-800-8888 for a quick custom tarp quote.
- Pro grade dump truck tarps for dump truck bed covers. Made in USA.
- Reinforced pockets and heavy duty webbing reinforced hems.
- Front-to-back Lee Style Dump Truck Tarps are designed for use on steel systems.
- 6 in. vinyl lined pocket on one end for wand cross bar. Vinyl lined pocket for extra durability.
Click "Read More" button below to learn everything about dump truck tarps!
Do you have to have a tarp on a dump truck?
The short answer is yes! Most US states require the use of a tarp. Some states require that a tarp on for specific materials. A few states do not require dump truck tarping. However, dump truck drivers must prevent loose materials in the dump truck from falling out regardless state tarping laws. Therefore, a tarp on a dump truck is a must have.
What size tarp will cover a truck?
As a general rule, a front-to-back dump truck tarp size is as follows
- Tarp length = Dump Bed Length + 2 feet minimum.
- Tarp width = Dump Bed Width - 4 inches.
How do you measure a dump truck tarp?
A dump truck tarp is measured by length x width. For the most popular front-to-back style of dump truck tarps, the tarp length is dump bed length + 2 ft. minimum and its width is bed width - 4 inches. For this reason, many dump trck tarp's width is 7 ft. or 7 ft. 6 in.
As a general rule, front-to-back style dump truck tarp's length should be 2 ft longer than dump bed length.
Whar tarps do truckers use?
Most dump truck drivers tarp materils use black mesh, heavy duty mesh (super mesh) and 18 oz vinyl coated plyester.
- Black mesh: Standard 10 oz mesh for dump truck tarp cover
- Super mesh: Heavy duty 21 oz mesh
- Asphalt tarp: Waterproof 18 oz vinyl coated polyester
Which tarp material is best?
You need to select tarp material according to your loads. Most dump truck tarps use some mesh materials, which are lighter weight.
Mesh tarp materials - When you do not need waterproof. For example, hauling landscape supplies, gravel, sand, rocks, debris.
- Black mesh - Most popular, lightweight and lowest cost.
- Heavy duty mesh - Super mesh - heavier duty
Waterproof 18 oz vinyl - For waterproof protection of paving mixes, asphalt loads.
- Waterproof 18 oz vinyl - Waterproof and strong - ideal for asphalt, paving mix, grains, fertilizers.
Dunp Truck Tarp Styles
- Front-to-back - Dump truck crossbar rolls from front-to-back to pull the tarp over the load.
- Side roll - Dump truck crossbar rolls from one side to the other side to pull the tarp over the load.
- Hand Tarps - Manually-spread tarps. Tarps are pulled by hand to cover the load. No pocket for crossbar.
I don't see what I need!
No problem! We make custom dump truck tarps to your specifications. Front-to-back, side roll, roll-off, hand tarps, asphalt tarps, grain tarps and more. Just give us a call at 404-800-8888.