About Blue Tarps
7 Ways Your Blue Tarp Can Last Longer
Yes, your blue tarp can last longer if you do the following.
- Use tarp ball bungee for tie down - Ball bungee cords stretch during wind and reduce grommet tear.
- Use as many grommets as possible - Wind pressure can be hundreds of pounds. Distribute the wind load.
- Don't let wind get under the tarp - Tamp down and secure over the top with straps.
- No standing water, snow or ice on tarp - Standing water sags and weighs down tarp and causes tear.
- Cover sharp corners and edges before covering with tarp - Sharp corners and edges destroy tarps.
- Don't let tarp hold any load - Tarp is like a shirt. It is to cover load, not load bearing.
- Buy Sigman blue tarps - Heavier and thicker than many super thin blue tarps.
Sigman Blue Tarp Specifications
Blue Tarps best for roof tarps, hurricane tarps, emergency roof tarps, waterproof roof tarps. Sigman blue tarps are made from woven reinforced polyethylene fabric. Designed for temporary roof tarp cover, landscaping tarps, construction site tarp cover and hurricane relief tarps. Fast 1 - 2 day shipping from Atlanta, GA to entire Southeast and East Coast including Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Tarp Thickness: 5 MIL thickness
- Fabric Weight: 2.4 oz / sq. yd.
- Weave Count: 8 x 8
- Grommet Spacing: every 3 ft approximately
- UV Coating: on both sides
- Sigman blue tarps are thicker than many other super thin blue tarps.