How to Tarp a Flatbed Load
How to tarp a load on a flatbed?
It is import properly secure your tarp, in order not to get wind whip damage to the tarp fabric. It is especially important for the new truck drivers to learn how to secure flatbed tarps in order not to destroy their tarps after their first few trips.
Best Way to Cover Flatbed Truck Bed With Tarp
Here are some common sense helpful tips. Again, to get a good life from a tarp, it is essential to eliminate or reduce flapping of tarp in the wind on highway.
- Use plenty of bungees to secure lower row of D-rings on the side of the tarp.
- Use some bungees to secure top row of D-rings on the side of the tarp.
- The tarp sides should wrap around the tarp tail so the tail does not catch wind and cause damage.
- Counter balance bungee's pull on D-ring whenever possible, especially on the tail. This is reduce put on an individual D-ring to avoid tear off.
- Put winch straps over the top of the tarp from one side to the other so far does not flap on the top.
Here is a helpful video from YouTube explaining how to properly secure your flatbed trailer tarp to avoid wind whip damage.
Flatbed Truck Tarps FAQ's
Here are frequently asked questions about truck tarps and cargo control products.
What are flatbed truck tarps?
Flatbed truck tarps are designed for commercial Semi Truck Flatbed Trailers, Step Deck Trailers and Hot Shot Trailers to cover cargo loads.
What is a Step Deck Trailer?
Step Deck Trailer, or Single Drop Deck, is a type of trailer that is similar to traditional flatbed, but with two deck levels: upper deck and lower deck that drop down after clearing the tractor unit. Often, step deck trailers can haul taller loads than flatbed trailers and some have ramps for unloading.
What is a Hot Shot Trailer?
Hot Shot Trailers are utilized using a Pickup, instead of a Semi Truck. They are lighter, and for smaller LTL loads, instead of your traditional heavy hauling freight trailers. Hot Shot Trailers are used the same way as a Step Deck would be, because they do sit a little bit lower to the ground. Really varies on heights for cargo on them.
What flatbed truck tarps does MyTarp.com carry?
MyTarp.com carry full range of flatbed truck tarps. Here are some examples.
- Flatbed Truck Tarp with Side and Tail Drops - 4-foot, 6-foot, 8-foot drop. These are also called Lumber Tarps, because it was first used to carry lumber supplies.
- Flatbed Truck Tarp without any Side and Tail Drops. These tarps are are square or rectangle shape with no side or tail drop. They are also know as Steel Tarps, because they are popular for carry steel coil loads.
- Coil Tarps
- Smoke Tarps
Can I pick up the flatbed truck tarps in Atlanta?
Yes, we keep most flatbed truck tarps in stock for immediate pickup in MyTarp.com Atlanta Warehouse. Our warehouse is conveniently located off I-75 just outside I-285 in Marietta.
Our Warehouse Address is:
1831 West Oak Pkwy Ste G
Marietta, GA 30062
What fabrics are MyTarp.com flatbed truck tarps made from?
Here are our flatbed truck tarp fabrics.
- 18 oz Vinyl Coated Polyester
- 18 / 14 oz Vinyl Coated Polyester (light weight version)
- 18 oz Vinyl Coated Polyester / Airbag Fabric Sidewall (light weight version)
- All Airbag Fabric (light weight version)